Vacation Rental – Attention to DetailPosted by Eva Whitney on Mar 18, 2014 in Vacation Rental Housekeeping | 3 comments
Hello Owners, Managers & Housekeepers!
There are so many details that we need to look for when we are preparing the home for our next guests. Just to name a few:
- Cleanliness in the home and outdoor patios – including those BBQ’s!
- Pillows, bathrooms, entry tables, placemats, inside drawers,
- Remotes, magazines, candles – everything in the right place
- Beds made up with hospital corners, nice & neat or fold & tuck
In a nutshell – everything really requires your attention to detail!
As owners, managers and housekeepers, there is so much that goes into preparing the home for our next guests, and the turn around time can be very tight especially when you have a larger home and back to backs.
If you are an owner that has provided a style guide with staging photos to your team then many kudos to you! It shows us exactly how you want everything positioned and prepared.
As the manager, it’s my place to pull out every glass, bowl, plate, pot and pan, flatware and utensil, and make sure they are spotless. I hold up every glass to the light to make sure they are spot free, no fingerprints, or lipstick (yes I have seen that on glasses in the cabinet – we must check each cabinet and drawer for things like this and hair in the bathroom drawers! And clean those blow dryers of fingerprints with anti-bacterial – Pledge Multi-Surface is great – anti-bacterial with the orange top)
I love the look of clean, sparkling glasses lined up in the cabinets and your guests will love it too.
In the bathrooms keep a uniform look with your beautiful towels, hand towels and washcloths, don’t show tags, etc, stack or roll them the same, so you have a uniform look. No tags and no messy stacks!!
So throughout your vacation rental, attention to detail is important for a beautiful presentation for your home and your guests. What do you want them to see when they first walk in? I know as a manager what I want for my owners vacation rental homes and for their guests.
Let’s connect – I’m easy to find:
- Call me – 760-774-2785
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Like me on Facebook
- Follow me on Twitter
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
Latest posts by Eva Whitney (see all)
- Creating a warm welcome for your holiday guests! - November 19, 2014
- Vacation Rental Kitchens – New Finds at BB & B - September 2, 2014
- Vacation Rental Housekeeping – Essential Tools - August 12, 2014
- Vacation Rental – A fresh baked Welcome - August 4, 2014
- Vacation Rental Housekeeping – Cleaning Outdoor Furniture - August 4, 2014